2014 Western Meet - Bend, Oregon

Canuck

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eokah, eh! grin

Have you resolved your engine problem with the Monte Matt? Looking forward to seeing you and Christine and hope your business is thriving.

Doug

If by "resolving" you mean pulling out the 383... and putting back in my original 350, newly rebuilt.... than yes... as soon as I pay the bill. shocked

That's to bad Matt. You would think the problem could have been rectified considering all the time involved in diagnostics. frown I hope you can find a solution and limit any expense.

Pretty crazy your problem with that engine! Wished I could offer you any ideas but goes well beyond my capacity.

Best of luck with it Matt.

Doug

I think my car just wanted its original heart back. I can't argue with that.

I did however also manage to add a new custom built 700R4 Trans to it though... I really wanted an overdrive ;-)

I also might have put in a reduced ratio steering box form a late 80's monte... and some other "things".

*throws money at car* I am now poor

Hold off on booking vacation or booking hotel. Even though we had confirmation of the Aug 1-3 dates, there is conflicting info suggesting the event is actually Aug 8-10. I will post the info as soon as it becomes available.

True that Matt. It seems these cars have a insatiable appetite. They can never have enough and I share your pain. I made a bunch of purchases for things I am still waiting to add. I tell myself each year that's it but next year comes and I'm off again. I confess, I'm weak with no will power!

Doug

NEW DATES!

I just received confirmation that the event weekend was moved to Aug 8-10 due to Hot August Nights moving to the first weekend in August. They did not want to compete with that event. If you have booked hotel for the Aug 1-3 weekend, you can cancel those reservations. I need to set up a new contract with the hotel before anyone makes reservations for the Aug 8-10 weekend. I will update you all when the new contract is in place.

Looks like I will make it now and only 386 miles from home.

Yes, I think the move to a different weekend from Hot August Nights was a good idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what the park that is used for the car show looks like now. Think it will melt by August? grin

Drake Park in Bend, Oregon

1558402_745267285483626_1683796896_n.jpg

Lon, make sure you get one of the rooms in our group. Our group has the rooms all on a specific side of the building that face the area we are parking.

Ok so my experience may be a one-off but I just called the hotel back to confirm my reservation, thinking somehow maybe I called the wrong hotel. I got the same guy on the line as before (he remembered me and our prior difficulty finding the group reservation). He couldn't find my reservation that he himself had set up. But after having him look up Aaron's reservation he found the group and said they were miscategorized. Long story short, I'm booked again smile

It seems to be hit and miss with who is at the desk. One guy was clueless while other people I talked to knew exactly what was going on.

Just so you are aware, the web site for the event is down for a little while while they make some changes. They will be sending me some registration forms and I will post it on the site as soon as I get a copy.