Driveshaft loop

Andy Gargagliano

Received my BMR driveshaft loop for my 72 Monte today.Very nice and heavy duty,probably weighs about 5 pounds.Suprised to see that it has only two small mounting holes and two self tapping screws.I called BMR tech line and asked if these two self tapping screws are all that is needed to mount the loop to the car.I said I cant believe if the drive shaft breaks these two screws will hold the loop to the car.He said most people weld it to the bottom of the car.Told him I didnt have a welder so he said I could drill the holes larger and get some grade 8 hardware to mount it.Seem to me it should have come with larger holes and grade 8 hardware?Maybe they make it the way it comes for a reason,I don't know.I beter make sure it is going to fit before I drill any holes larger just in case I need to send it back.

I drilled four 1/2 inch holes in mine, then made matching 1/4 inch plates to sandwich the loop to the floor pan. I used 1/2 grade 8 bolts and tacked the heads to the plates so I could tighten them easily.