Seat Covers

jvssmail

When I purchased my bench seat covers from PUI my understanding that the bolster was the in the bottom seat covers and when installed you had a seam running the full length of the seat that gave it that puffy look. There is a rod running the full length of the seat bottoms that hog ties to the seat springs and that's how you get that look. You can see this in the link below on the bench seats bottoms front and rear. I think that's what it's called.

http://chevellestuff.net/1971/mc/interior/interior_mc.htm

When I got mine from CARS they ask if the org had buttons on bottom and it did so they put the buttons back.But the new solid foam they sell now is nowhere like the org.This crap now is junk.You have no slot to hog ring the center buttons on bottom to so I guess you would cut a slot in the new foam.That is what I'm dealing with now.

Here's the pics of my back seat in which I just disassembled. Cloth seats with the bolster as you can see the foam is split for a metal rod that is slid into a seam of the seat cover then pulled down thru the foam. This metal rod is then hog-ringed to the springs.

DSCF1729_zps7ab6eab7.jpgThe blue seam across the center of the seat cover is where this rod is threaded in the bottom of the seat cover.DSCF1730_zps3fd5d516.jpg

Your rear seat foam is in great shape but the stuff they sell now is nothing like it.Mine was really stained from leaking roof.And the seat back looked like it just had cotton have you removed the back yet.My back had some rust on the bottom of the top springs I'll have to repair

Yes I have the removed & disassembled also. The seat back is padded with 2" cotton pad, mine had 2 layers. The top layer is really deteriorated so Monday I'll get more of that down at the upholstry shop, I think it comes in 3' widths and you get the length you need.

My bottom seat had some rusty spots in which I steel brushed off......