3 port fuel filter?

plain jane 71

Are you sure this isn't the fuel pump? I Dont think I have ever seen a 3 port fuel filter ever. The only factory fuel filter will be in your carb. Undo the fuel line and then the nut that the fuel line screws into, unthreads and you will find a gasket, spring, and filter. Usually a 1 inch wrench will untwist the housing.

Try to post pics of what you think is the fuel filter and we can tell you exactly what you have.

So this maybe a stupid question. I seem to have a 3 port fuel filter in a bracket on the front of my 350 in my 71'. everywhere I go, they only list the in the carb filter. What was this filter for? and does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Yes indeed there is a "3 port fuel filter" common to the 350 CID. All of my 70's had one. It is in fact bolted to the head via a metal strap and it has a return line hose. I forget the AC# but I believe the Fram # was G17.

IMG_20131101_152024.jpg

Darn it I had to go the extra mile.. AC Part # GF432

$(KGrHqJ,!jgF!tnnkPO!BQNRsr1Z6!~~60_35.J

Ebay

Why would you want a return hose? Very interesting. Guess I learn something new every day.

it had something to do with emission control, if I'm not mistaking.. Yep! we in fact learn something new every day. I know I do. lol

• 4 weeks later...