Rock chips

vacavillebob

Since my Monte got wrecked last month and I am getting the dent repaired. I am also having all the paint repaired around the car. The present paint job is only 3 years old but I have a lot of rock chips in the front end. (its a daily driver)

My question is has anyone used any product that will stop or cut down on rock chips on the front of the car. And do you like the product and would you use it again. Bob

Stay far back from trucks while driving!

Nothing is really good IMO, the 3M clear adhesives have gotten slightly better, not turning yellow after time in the sun, but I'm not really a fan of that either.

I tried adding Flex Additive to the clear on my T/Type Buick years ago, no real success there either. Some clears seem to be more likely to chip than others, but if your doing highway driving in your car, unfortunately your going to have to deal with it.

Thanks guys, I have not heard of anyone with a good solution either. No one seems to be happy with anything that is on the market.I guess I will have to repaint the front end every few years. Now there is a product that someone needs to invent.