Looking for info on Engine?

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Spent some time recently attempting to nail down exactly what my 402 CI engine is. While looking through my pics I found this cast into the block near the oil filter.

Can anyone tell me what this refers to? Cant seem to find any info that leads to it.

HIPERFORMANCE.jpg

Engine block is stamped #3999290 and heads are #6272292 and both dated 1971. I have found most of the specs less what cc Chambers are and this stamp.

Appreciate any insight and All have a GREAT day.... smile

Doug

all big blocks have that

you need to decode the the numbers "stamped" not casted in the deck surface just in front of where the passengers side head meets the block, you should have two sets of numbers with different fonts, one set will be a partial VIN, the other will be the build date, plant, and engine code

blkvin.jpg

Yeah, got all that figured out Sam. Just didn't remember those cast letters and what their significance was. Once I figure out what cc the chambers are, I think I'll have all the engine specs I'm looking for.

Thanx,

Doug

I've seen 113cc, 116cc but no definitive specs I could attribute with mine. Considering the Block and stock heads were machined during the rebuild, guess the chamber size no longer determines actual either come to think of it.

Not critical. Just seeing if I could match components/specs up as when original.

Doug