braided hoses

Rock

Is there a trick to getting these braided heater hoses and radiator hoses on?

I bought 1 1/2 braided hoses for the radiator and I am having a tough time getting them on without bunching the braid up by the end of the hoses. not like it's cold in the garage. I tried a little grease on the radiator but the problem seems to be getting the hose to fit over the opening without rolling the hose itself......HELP

They are true braided hoses. how far up the hose should I tape? Should I warm them up in an oven for a few minutes first so they are a little more pliable?

I would use shrink sleeves as opposed to the worm clamp. I would not think that you would have AN fittings on the radiator. However some track cars do. The sleeves make a good seal and look good also. The fittings with the worm clamps inside(imitation An fitting) are trash! They look very cheep and are cheep.

I looked on NAPA and comes up empty for heat sleaves other than the heat shrink wire tubing. Thats what came with the hoses is the fake AN fittings with the clamps inside. Now remember I am not building a show car like you have... wink I have a limited budget. 2beers

Correct! These are not very expensive at all, They look good and seal great!

http://www.gates.com/products/automotive...rgrip-sb-clamps

Glen I think this is what Mike is talking about. Haven't used them but I hear good things about them

David

well I called a few places and nobody in MN or Iowa have these shrink clamps in stock and summit has a few but will have to order from the manufacture. Any ideas where I can get some sooner?

I have guy at O'rielly auto parts looking for me. My guess is I will be ordering from Summit. they do have them but I wouldn't get them for 10 days or so.

Yep, but it have a swivel one coming from Summit made by Edelbrock, cause this one won't work with the temp sending unit where it is.

kicking I don't think I have the receipt anymore to return it. Hang it on the wall of shame of China parts I guess!

Damn good eye there Sam....half the water neck couldn't even be seen!