suspension overhaul ideas needed

I'm not concerned about the weight of the sway bars but more about the track use.

Go with larger front / smaller back. The Hellwig set will give the mnost for the money with the benefit of mounting to frame crossmember rather than lower control arms. Really makes a difference.

Rather than typing everything all over again read my responses to "bigscaht" in this thread. It will explain everything …. and the benefits price/performance of Hellwigs.

Sway Bar Thread

Then call Mark @ Sevitskes Classics & Customs. Don't be sorry …. call him first.

Dan

Yea, I'm going to definitely go tubular on lower. Could I get away with just doing lowers you think since the lowers alter the camber?

All the suspension geometry benefits are gained in the shorter length and new geometry of upper control arms. The lower arms provide no benefit. In fact most lower arms are just tubular versions of stock lower arms (same length/geometry). The only lower ones that are different are the SPC lower arms. Since you will be adding more caster angle the wheel will set closer to rear of well and won't be centered in the openng when aligned for better handling. To make up for this the SPC version sets wheel forward a bit so that when you add caster wheel is centered in wheel well.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Here's the new lower control arms, UMI half roto-joint/half poly. And yes I know I'm mixing sets up having Hotchiks on the top. I did keep it consistent though, I bought roto-joints for the axle housing so all the joints on the axle itself are roto and frame side is poly.

WP_20140519_21_56_52_Pro_zps343b44b1.jpg

Be careful. You may not want Johnny Joints on both ends!!

They way your lowers came is how they should stay. I am assuming your rear end carrier bushing is poly ...so that your uppers will be poly at rear end side also and Johnny joint at frame.

When I set mine up with Mark (SC&C) he recommended the Johnny Joints be on the chassis side and poly on the rear end side. I would verify before install. One way will provide more handling benefit and minimize binding.

In fact, I believe my Currectac billet lower arms have Johnny Joints on frame side/ poly on rear. I'll attach a link. Yep its true Currectrac Lower Arms

Call Mark

Dan

No I don't have the roto-joints on both ends, only on the axle side. Poly joints are on the frame side. If you look at the link you posted of the Currectac lowers, the poly bushings are on the frame side too.

I also have talked to mark he told me axle side is where to have the rot-joints and we also discussed what to do correctly so I can kinda have the best of both worlds for racing and street use.

FYI: Installed yours backwards.

Johnny Joint side is mounted on frame side for upper & lower arms

Poly bushing side is mounted on the axle side of upper & lower arms.

See this right up directly from Marcus:

"Currie Currectrac arms feature modular Johnny joints on the frame side to eliminate non linear binding issues"

Benefit of Johnny Joint on lower trailing arm

You beat me to corect my post Sam. After visiting the picture on Currie website and reading the explanation Marcus gives on the benefits of the Johnny Joint on one end mine are installed correctly.

I knew I installed them with sway bar holes towards rear but since I used a Hellwig frame mounted swaybar I was second guessing myself. Didn't have to verify location of sway bar holes since not utilized.

Whew. Glad I don't have to correct.

Dan

FYI: Installed yours backwards.

Johnny Joint side is mounted on frame side for upper & lower arms

Poly bushing side is mounted on the axle side of upper & lower arms.

See this right up directly from Marcus:

"Currie Currectrac arms feature modular Johnny joints on the frame side to eliminate non linear binding issues"

Benefit of Johnny Joint on lower trailing arm

If you look at mine from UMI the polys are towards the frame side. Even on UMI's site that's the way they show.

WP_20140519_21_56_52_Pro_zps343b44b1.jpg

Weird but yea, guess your right. I'm still going to contact UMI about this to see if maybe this set is made backwards by mistake. I checked a few other competitors sites and they are all reverse of what mine are..lol