Fuel guage

zeusdude

Haven't been here in a while but was wondering if someone could help.

1970 Monte Carlo...idiot dash....was wondering if there was a way to wire the fuel gauge to work because the printed circuit is fried...and i don't have the time right now to replace it.

Any suggestions.

I have the connector unplugged because it keeps blowing fuses..just want a fuel gauge for now.

Thanks

Mike

you will have to take the dash pad off

you should be able to access the back of the cluster, the fuel gauge should have 2 nuts thru the printed circuit, and you can hook a ground and the wire from the sending unit to them

but while you have the dash pad off you might find your issue wink

You'll need a fused, positive 12 volt that is switched by the ignition switch to connect to the fuel gauge. It's the gauge housing that must be grounded.

Dan

So..looking down at the back of the gauge from inside the car...which terminal is ground and which is the positive?

I would like to splice into the wires from the connector that plugs into the printed circuit as it is disconnected right now.

I did find an ignition hot..off the top of my head I do not remember the color...but when I hooked it to the guage...it just pegged it.

The guage was working before the printed circuit shorted out.

Is one of these also the sending unit?