seat foam

D.E

That new crap they sell for the seat foam is a real joke.It is nothing like the bottom is suppose to be.The seat back on the frt bench are fine but that is where it ends.When yours is rotted and all you have is this junk hard to deal with.Looks like the vendors could get the correct stuff from China.or don't sell it to you.Had to vent this after wrestling with back cushion first.I guess you need to take it to an upholstery shop and let them do it but I like to do it yourself if I can.Will attack the frt seat today.Thanks for hearing my rant.Just ask if anyone has bought this stuff Thanks

apparently tmi has some good foam.i will be getting may foam and covers from them

The best foam is made by American Cushion Industries. The Best seat covers are made by Legendary out of New York. Been where you are. Hate that pour foam. More crap to deal with it. Usually the back seat foam can be saved with only a foam topper on it. Good luck and make sure you cut your finger nails. If you don't those seat covers will. Is the front seat a bench seat? Use dry cleaner plastic to aid in sliding the seat backs on.

Carl

ill try anything NOT to have that 44 yr old stink in my car..I think some mice liked it too much.... no capping of old foam with new foam for me no

I got my interior from CARS they have the org cloth and it is dead on just like the factory and I think they are the only one with that material.But all the repop foam I see it that harder dense stuff listed on the web sites.My frt seat has sun rot on drivers side all over.Thanks

I just let the upholstery place do my seats when I took them out of the car. I wanted custom material so I just asked around and found the best local guy based on cruise-in participant's recommendations. He did the sewing and re-foaming and I couldn't be more pleased. Keep in mind the foam used by a shop is not likely precut stuff and they get it in bulk. If you want an original look you could buy the covers and then have a good upholstery shop take care of the rest. Yes, it was a bit pricey but the seats are very comfortable and I always get compliments on my interior. In this manner I avoided all the issues with repop Chinese stuff in the first place.

Had I done original I would have gone with CARS Inc. Good product at a good price at the time.

Yes the Cars Inc is where I got my covers and they fit great and the correct cloth.They are the only ones who have the cloth material was told.O my other cars I had Lebaron Bonney do up the leather for it and the convertible top also.