R134 Cost In Canada

MC-71

How much is R134 in the 12oz cans cost in Canada? Also can you bring it back over the boarder to the USA?

Carl, maybe leave Larry (LostnFound) a Private message with this question, I am sure he would check on the cost for you but I'm not sure if he can answer of bringing it back across the border.

Rob

Hi Guys, I'll see what the prices up here on the 134 are next week but I suspect that, like everything else, it will be at least 30% higher. frown

I checked a bit on line here with some local parts suppliers and found out that it is illegal up here for them to sell R12 and 134a to non-authorized individuals so only licensed techs can buy it. The Red Tek 12a is available up here for purchase by any do-it-yourselfer though and is the product I'm using. It has been fine so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can second the redtek product. Put it in my Subaru which had been getting a bit warm then stopped working at all. Now it blows ice cold. Keep in mind that it is propane based so it is a bit more flammable than the other types.

More good news is its non ozone depleting so it's not harmful to the environment such as r134 and r12 are.