dash cluster grounds

Sam (Bones)

I know we just hashed this over recently, just want to be sure, since I can't find it in the assembly manual

1970, non-AC, tach and gauge package

there are 3 grounds...

long one to the parking brake bracket

the 2 shorter ones...

one to the cluster or both of them?

I have the ground strap from the head light switch to the frame of the dash in addition to the 3 grounds mentioned above

page 526 of the 1970 manual shows the head light washer system

I have went thru every! page of the '70 manual and have only seen 2 of the grounds

My 71 no A/C with factory gauges:

One to Parking brake

Parking Brake Ground screw

One to Headlight switch

Headlight Switch

One to the back of the cluster (left rear)

Back of cluster

Hey Sam, The long Black one as mentioned does go to the E-brake it fishes down to the E-brake and just to the side of the fastening 3/8 bolt there is a tapped hole that will use the same screws as the dash cluster and the first ground goes there. The second ground will screw to the dash cluster with a 1/4" screw just in the curved part of the cluster under the Tach area seeing how you have Gauges as normally it would be the Gas gauge on NON gauge clusters. The Third ground will also go where the ground strap goes for the Headlight switch/ wiper bracket, its also held in with a small dash cluster screw that is silver in color rather than black and mounts on the up part of the dash housing brace that goes over the steering column. Sam if you have painted the E-brake bracket assembly and the dash housing braces make sure to remove a little of the paint or the grounds wont make a good contact thus not grounding out properly.

Darren.