Muffler hanger

KennyAdams

Does anyone have a picture of how the muffler hanger mounts on a 71 SS 454. I bought a repop hager kit but don't know exactly how it bolts up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know if the casting number for the right side exhaust manifold is 3989343? If this is correct number and anyone knows anyone that has one I am interested in one. Drivers side was replaced with a 329225 and exhaust kit will not work on drivers side. Thanks everyone.

They do go on sorta strange one side kinda wraps over the top and other goes straight on If I remember correctly. Although that explanation isn't really gonna help you much. They are a little confusing at first but when you get it it's like oh yea there it is.good luck

Here is one that may be better taken when I was taking my 71 apart in 88.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/CFsZsC9gVd_ARk9QwcnxlZnlgiOBfDsWsteGnQbP3hU?feat=directlink

Are the casting numbers for the exhaust manifolds suppose to be 3989310 for the passenger and 3989343 for the drivers side on a 71. If so I need a 3989343 and they don't make a repop for that one