New carpet

71longtime

Hi

When putting in new carpet do you put the seat on top of carpet or make a x cut and bolt to the floor pan?

Also how far up the firewall do you run it? do you notch for the gas ped linkage?71 bench seat

Thanks for any help.

You want the seat bracket metal to metal, I cut the carpet as a flap so the carpet flap is in front of the bracket then it hides somewhat the floor bracket.. As far as the front you can judge by the carpet protectors.

Murphy, where did you get the carpeting at? For some reason I keep getting the wrong one when I order. I have bucket seats, 4 spd w/o console and I can't seem to get the right one. When I talk to vendor they tell me it is correct but is not.  Will Chevelle fit? I see Chevelle without console carpeting but not 100% sure it will fit. Or should I order bench seat with 4 spd?

John S

Here is how I put my carpet in as you can't see any brackets or bolts as the carpet covers them. I just followed the instructions from this link.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236734

Also the carpet I purchased was for a console but I think it's used for with out console to as it overlaps in the trans hump unlike the bench seat carpet I took out.  

Leo

I ordered mine here http://www.stockinteriors.com/ very happy with the quality the cost was a bit more than some others I have seen but I went with the plush style similar to the newer cars. I ordered it with a mass backing material on the back which upped the price by $54 but well worth it to me. I had to cut it for the console and then trim the edges. Total cost for the carpet was $221 including shipping. I also ordered floor mats for them with the Monte Carlo script embroidered in them. Very nice carpet and mats. 

This is the only photo I could get right now as the camera battery went dead after one shot. Stock Interiors also has a super plush carpet available but I think that would have been to thick

post-785-0-85610600-1427469343_thumb.jpg