Covert to gauges?

Murphy

I have access to the 3 small gauges (volts,fuel, & temp) without the mounting brackets, are the current indicator lights mounted on the same brackets?

Murphy I have looked at the AMP gauge and gen light mounting and they are different. I myself have access to a stock AMP gauge and have a left over gen light bracket. I already removed the big fuel gauge for a stock 5500 redline tach,

In another thread I just looked but can not remember which one there was a floor shift tach for around $150. It might have been the thread about the tach not working.

Another question guys............can the face of a speedometer be switch out? (column shift vs floor shift) style??

Murphy,  you usually need to immobilize the drum behind the face, to be able to work the push-on needle off of the speedometer to swap them out.  Just two screws on the face removes it.  Be sure to re-use the rubber insulators on the two rear screws in the middle of the back of the speedo to limit needle vibration.  

A quick band-aid fix until you find a donor floor-shift speedo, is to reface your own with the heavy vinyl adhesive face, covering the shift indicator.  It can be removed later with a hair dryer if necessary.

http://www.whitegauges.net/products/1970%252d1972-Chevrolet-Chevelle-Malibu-White-Face-Gauges.html

Doug

Thanks Doug, I found a few floor shift speedo's  (used) but didn't know if the face was removable. When I installed the Shiftworks Tach for the clock last year, I covered the gear selector on my speedo with black tape. I am now prepping for the idiot light to gauge swap & figured the speedo fix should be correctly fixed at the same time. 

Ah, yes...  the ol' "Since this is going to be off anyway, why don't I... "  snowball cascade!  :)

I too swapped in the Shiftworks tach several weeks ago for the clock, but my snowball is still gaining momentum heading downhill, so, I haven't gotten a chance to see it in action yet.  Do you have yours working through a stock ignition, HEI, or MSD box?   I was told that they've corrected the problems that they were having with the MSD's...  I hope that that is the case.

Murphy here is my finish swap 11178359_959393210762319_708522982936788 again I didn't buy from Sonnie just brought the needed gauges as I had a tach on hand. I sent just under $300 for the AMP gauge and the water and fuel gauge. The PCB for a gauge cluster is under $70.