cell phone charger port

I am wanting to install a cell phone charging port into my Monte carlo. I think the cigarette lighter will work but I want 2 of them, anyone do this yet? My blazer has a dual cell phone specific place under the dash I'm wanting to do the same thing.

Can't you just use a 2-way cigarette lighter socket splitter?  They are cheap and easy to tuck in the glove box or console when not in use.  Here's a LINK.

post-567-0-47204000-1432786992_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My lighter still works so that might do it. But I'd like to know about something if a lighter is not functioning. Like in my vista cruiser

They sell the socket with a cord on the end. I have one in my Monte...I connected the positive to a circuit under the dash and grounded the other wire to metal. It lays in my ash tray and all I have to do is open it and pick up the port and plug my radar detector or phone charger into it...I probably have 8" of core on it that I can maneuver it around a bit. When not in use I just lay it back in the ash tray and close it up.

Most new radios have a USB port.... That would solve your issue. I have mine mounted in the glove box and the cord going into my ash tray so I can plug my phone in and lay it in the ashtray. You'll also now have all your music handy. A decent radio is under $150 with these options.

Now you have an excuse to update your radio too

• Like 1

Steve, just bought the vintage car audio reproduction radio. It looks identical at least enough to a am fm stereo that came originally. :)