removing the windows

Can anyone help me?

i need to remove the "rubbers" that are on the doors, which are placed against the windows. i'm afraid i have to remove the glass from the doors, is that true?

And if so, whats the best way?

Thanx, i appriciate it.

Steven

'71 monte (under construction)

Netherlands

A hammer works best. Break glass with hammer. This simplifies access and allows easy removal of the phillips screws. Remove screws and trim. Install new trim. Buy new side glass and install.

You can also remove the window if you choose not to break it. Actually pretty easy. Remove the door panel, slightly lower the window and you will find 7/16 or 1/2 inch nuts that are on studs through the bottom of the window where they attach to the window regulator. Remove these nuts, 3 I think and wiggle/lift the glass out.

As stated earlier by AGTTRUNKLID, should be able to get to the screws by lowering the window as far as it will go. If not low enough, remove the door panel and you can adjust the stops to lower the window even more for access. Return the stops to the proper height when done.

------------------

Mike Strinich

Nashville, Tennessee

72 Monte Carlo Convertible

No window breakage necessary, also you don't have to remove them. LOL! The glass has bottom stops. Roll your glass down and find the location of the bottom stops, (2 each side) loosen and lower them, then you can get to the plilips screws that hold the strips on.

------------------

George Lines

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 08-28-2002).]

Quote:
Originally posted by George Lines:
No window breakage necessary, also you don't have to remove them. LOL! The glass has bottom stops. Roll your glass down and find the location of the bottom stops, (2 each side) loosen and lower them, then you can get to the plilips screws that hold the strips on.

This is EXACTLY the procedure I used to change the window fuzzies. Tough part is finding an alternative to the staples holding one fuzzie to the doorpanel. I simply used weatherstrip adhisve and let it dry overnight before re-install. Works well...

Window fuzzies? I guess that's the soft stuff pushing against the glass. Can you get that stuff new? And if so, where? I recently discovered that mine was painted over so now it's kinda hard.

Gav

Thanx guys,

they are removed, i did brake a window

the front one thats. Bummer big time! Accident, happend when i moved the window from my garage to my house.

Steven

Don't fee bad, I can't even get a front out without breaking it.

I wish I would have know about lowering the controls for the windows before I took mine out. I guess it was for the best because I decide to paint inside the doors while I had them out. I still have not put them back in yet, it looks like it's going to be some serious work.

Ben