Help with wiper arms

There is a small fastener on the driver side wiper arm, fixed by a tab, which you will have to slide away with a small screwdriver.

After that, I just used a BIG flathead screwdriver to CAREFULLY pry the wipers off of their splined seat. You wanna put some old towel or equal on the cowl and the window. The wiper arms are "spring-loaded" and might jump on you after release. smile.gif

------------------

71 Monte 383 "The Full Monty"

86 Monte LS ZZ4 "The Gray Mouse"

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

---------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

As Andreas said above. Just to add, Andreas mentions the clip you must slide to remove the one part on the drivers side. This is the smaller arm which is called the articulating arm. Be very careful removing this that you do not damage the small stud it sits on because if you do you will have to replace the entire wiper transmission assembly. When prying the large portion of the drivers wiper arm you may notice a small locking tab on this which if you have someone release some of the pressure from this locking tab while you pry with the large screwdriver you may find it easier.

On the drivers side, I would remove the small articulating arm from its stud prior to the large to avoid damaging the small arm stud.

For the passenger side, It should come off much the same as the drivers large portion with the locking tab.

Just a note, The one on the passenger side is keyed so it can only go on one way on to the stud but the drivers side is not keyed.

Rob

Thanks for the help. I will get to them this weekend. We are getting hit with another snow storm. Already used the snow blower to clear a foot of snow this morning and now it's coming down again. Where's spring?

Jim, I know what you mean about the Snow. A week ago this past Sunday it was in the 70's here in Pittsburgh and now SNOW, SNOW SNOW..... Since we are to the south west of you, our weather will more than likely be heading your way. Tonight at 5:30 the weather man here said "The snow has ended for Pittsburgh today" I looked out my window and it was snowing to beat the band and we have gotten almost 2 inches since he said the snow was over for us...

I live within 2 miles of the TV station.

Rob

I safely removed both wiper arms this evening. I must say thanks for all your help.

I wish everything was so simple. Thanks again

Rob and Andreas.

Rob, we ended up with another three inches of snow and now their calling for more on friday. I guess the cruise nites will have to wait a little longer.