manual valve body

mymontesa70

Its probabley in the forum archives somewhere but lets say im lazy. 

I was wondering if anyone here has ever driven a car with a full manual valve body? thoughts?

its really not on my to do list ive just always wondered.

I put a reverse manual VB on the TH400 in my car. Instead of PRND21, it's now PRN123. With a floor shifter, I can pull the gears now instead of pushing forward. I wanted a 4 speed originally but to build one to take the abuse of drag racing would have cost a fortune. Autos are cheap to build and more robust, as long as I can still control the shifts. 

• Like 1

Manual valve bodies are intended for more of a racing or high performance application. You can use them on street only cars, but the trans will behave like it has an aggressive shift kit. They run full line pressure all the time. It all depends on what you consider "driveable" for the street. I wouldn't want one in my daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Rossler Th400 with a reverse manual valve body and a trans brake. It shifts fairly soft because of the high stall of the converter.(5500 off the brake). easy to drive on the street.I have a big trans cooler because of the slip in the converter and the blanket around it.

I have a reverse manual valve body in my TH400. I think about changing it over to a full automatic from time to time but it's really not an inconvienace to me as my Monte is a bucket console car.shifts are firm but not unbearable. If you shift alittle early on the street when cruising it helps make it a softer gear change. I think my stall is 3500.