Rally Wheel Trim Rings

OK. Are the GM trim rings (200 bucks a set) really that much better than the repros (80 bucks a set)? Both are made of Stainless Steel from what I gather.

Thanks,

Allen

Since both of the trim rings (GM or Repros)I'm looking at are Stainless steel I shouldn't have that problem fortunately.

Thanks,

Allen

Repos attach to wheel differently than original. With many fingers, rather than four. Yea, I'd save the bucks too.

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4 5/28 finish date & 773 miles to Commerce, GA

'71 Saddle SS454 orginial

'71 Project, 2" chop planned

give me a link or phone # for the vette guys . . . sounds great. biggrin.gif

------------------

Tim (Ratchetmaster)

Former owner (13 yrs) 1970 SS454 MonteCarlo frown.gif

1973 RS LT Z28

1972 454 Elcamino (almost done!!)

1969 442 Convertible

1968 RS SS 350 Camaro 4sp.

And etc. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ratchetmaster (edited 04-08-2002).]

These are polished stainless steel and shine better than the NEW GM center caps I just purchased. Yellow tint? Sorry you got ripped off!!!!!!!

How could you compare a RICE part to a part made in the good USA. If your car is a daily driver I would forgive you. But if it's a show car then shame on you. Only kidding. But you do get my point.

There are several manufacturers of "Repop" trim rings. One repo has the gold tint to them, they look awful. The other looks "much" better without the gold tint. This is the set you want if you go repo. Both are made in Taiwan and the price will be similiar depending upon where you buy.

The GM rings do look best. The are difficult to get on and off with the 4 clips. You have to be VERY careful not to bend the edge.

You also can (that means you will) have the problem of a wheel weight right where one of the 4 attachment clips needs to be. Remember, the trim rings are indexed with the valve stem.

For a daily driver, the "better" repo's are the way to go.

------------------

Mike Strinich

Nashville, Tennessee

72 Monte Carlo Convertible

70 SS 454 Chevelle Convertible

70 Buick Gran Sport Stage 1 Convertible

1969 Chevelle SS 396 Convertible

1972 Chevelle Malibu 400

67 427/400 A/C Corvette Coupe

67 327/300 A/C Corvette Converible

67 P.O.S. Corvette Convertible

65 327/300 A/C Corvette Coupe

66 Shelby GT-350 Vintage Race Car

Allen, I visited VirginiaVettes.com but was unable to find Corvette 15X4 trim rings.

What path do I follow on once on site?

Thanks, Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4

'71 Saddle SS454 orginial

'71 Project, 2" chop planned

I noticed that as well when I went to the web site. Give them a call instead and they'll be able to help you out. NOTE: The trim rings I have are held on in four places. I have heard other talk about a trim ring that is held on 360 degrees around the rim.

Hope this helps,

Allen