Fasteners - U Nuts

Where's a good source for U nuts? I need some assorted types for the inner fenders and front shocks. The local sources don't have the ones I need and the Chevy dealer couldn't help. I also tried a couple local fastener stores.

Thanks,

Allen

Allen .....you may try some local body repair shops.or there is always the show in Zephyrhills coming up in October . i know ya dont want to wait that long though frown.gif

mike

Allen, I Purchased U nuts/bolts, "like orginials", for inner fenders from Lowe's.

A company, with a name something like 'G Fastners' has ads in car mags/Rod & Custom. You want a fastners, they got 'em. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 in process Super Dark Green/346LS1/4L60E

[This message has been edited by ejw71 (edited 08-28-2002).]

whenever i strip vehciles, i always throw the bolts, nutz u bolts and shims in a bucket

that way i always hve spares

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Aye!)

Allen ...iwas checking the paper and found that the Webster shows are this coming weekend .Auto/Cycle Webster West Side Flea Market 9-1-02...Auto Auction Show ,Fla Swapmeet 9-1-02. i havent been to either of these shows but i hear there is a lot of stuff there. i think Ian has been to them .maybe he can give some advice .

mike

I have been to them, and I may go this weekend, Allen if you want to meet up there send me a Email. There are alot of venders there most weekends, and some show cars. There are two shows up there. One is more bikes than cars. The one Grease posted above is the Bike one. The one with the car stuff is around the corner. You can get directions at http://www.floridaswapmeets.net

Ian

------------------

frontshot1.jpg

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/iann/monte.html

[This message has been edited by iann128 (edited 08-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by iann128 (edited 08-29-2002).]

Thanks. I found some U-Nuts at musclecarsonly.com. I just have to be patient. The u-nuts for the front shocks appear to be kinda specific and they had a kit for 5 bucks. I was able to find some u-nuts at PEP Boys but they didn't work.

No go on the swap meet this weekend. Sounds like a good one though.

Allen

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allen Tuthill:
Thanks. I found some U-Nuts at musclecarsonly.com. I just have to be patient. The u-nuts for the front shocks appear to be kinda specific and they had a kit for 5 bucks. I was able to find some u-nuts at PEP Boys but they didn't work.

No go on the swap meet this weekend. Sounds like a good one though.

Allen
</font>

Yes, those are specific for shock mounting only. I went to a wrecking yard once and pulled some of those off for my pocket. They fit real nice in there.

------------------
George Lines