Steering Wheel Question.

McCall72

Did 1972 steering wheels come in any different colors than just black. I'm wondering if I should start searching for a tan one to match my new dash color.

I don't know about all the color combinations, but my interior is totally original "Sandlewood" (Medium Tan color) and the steering wheel is black. I also remember two original interiors of friends Monte's back in the late 70's, (Green and Blue) and both steering wheels were also black (with woodgrain centerpiece of course). So that makes 3 confirmed original different interiors colors all had black steering wheels. Hope that helps a little.

Charlie

------------------

KTMC72PS1.jpg KnightTime007

Pensacola, Florida

72 Monte original 1 owner

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by McCall72:
Thanks for the info guys. Charlie- is the steering column black also, or is it sandlewood too? </font>

The column is black as well.

In 1970 the steering wheel and columns were colored to match the interior of the car, except for the SS454 cars. They all got black steering wheels and columns no matter what the interior color was. I don't know what they did in 1971. I thought that I remember reading somewhere that the steering wheels in 1972 were all black (including the steering column), but I don't know that it is a fact. Hopefully this helps.