turbo 4oo solenoid kickdown carb switch

rsorg

I am having a difficult time finding the solenoid switch by the carb, Does the 72 have a soleniod switch by the carb for the kockdown to work ?can some body send me a picture of this ,thanks,

The solenoid switch at the Carb I believe was for the A/C unit.  As the A/C kicked in, the motor would bog some, so that switch helped maintain idle.  Don't have a pic of it handy but it is located at the front driver side of Carb.  If it is there, you will know it!  Yes, the 72 had it........................ If I find a pic, will let you know.

Doug

As I reread your Post, not sure we were talking about same thing!  The Kick Down switch for the TH400 is located just up under dash just right of Throttle pedal assy and works in conjunction with throttle.  There is a little stem that when acceleration is pushed, that throttle linkage moves against stem pushing it forward.  When throttle is released, linkage disengages from switch and a spring moves the switch back   This also used to aid operation of functioning Cowl Hood.  So, both switches do different things and are not interchangeable.  

Doug  

Okay, finally found a pic of the device hooked up.  So here it is.  Again, this is 1st pic for the A/C.  The last for the TH400 Kick Down Switch.  Because I wasn't sure what you were after, I just included a bunch of info in case it is useful to you.

Good luck on what your after.

Doug

post-458-0-76110900-1460935943_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-32029700-1460936532_thumb.jpg

Guys, I am not quite sure ,but my passing gear will not engage when I mash the pedal to the floor on my turbo 400 ,I am going to replace the switch that is by the gas pedal,not quite sure how to adjust the new switch, I am told that the passing gear is engaged electrically,I do remember along time ago that I put a piece of black rubber hose around the stub of the switch to aid in the kick down switch to work ,but now it does not engage at all, I went on various sites to buy new kick down switch and rockauto, aureoles, auto zone  ,shows a solenoid with 1 wire and 2 holes for mounting ,not sure what that is or thought that would be somethingI would need to mount on the carb, thanks for your help.Roger

I ordered one of these switches that goes by the gas pedal,from the parts place ,hope this will take care of my ,passing gear problem, while driving the monte at about 40mph, I reached down and pulled on the switch and the car went into nuetral, I thought the passing gear would kick in but did not, and I will start with replacing the kick down switch. thanks a lot, Roger