Vortec Intake vs. A/C Bracket

Its Just Me

I've been considering putting vortec heads on my 1972 small block. With the head change, I would be required to use a vortec specific intake manifold.

Here is an excerpt from a description of a vortec style intake directly from Summit: "Accepts late model water neck, alternator, HEI, and air conditioning brackets". This makes me concerned that my 1972 OEM upper air conditioning bracket and alternator bracket may not fit on a vortec intake.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge as to whether or not my original brackets will bolt up or do I need to assume some fabrications?

Thanks

Scott

I didnt use vortec but I used a weiend intake manafold and I had to trim the factory a/c bracket to make it fit. Does it say use a diferent bracket or maybe you can trim the stock one as needed as I did. You really cant tell by looking at it that it had to be trimmed. A lot of times stock brackets have to be modified to fit aftermarket parts. Good luck with it. The aftermarket chrome alt. bracket fit perferect and wouldnt fit with stock manafold, go figure.