Rear control arms

vince

Question is there a Difference in 10 bold and 12 bolt  Stock upper and lower control/ trailing arms?

One more? Will worn bushings in the control/trailing arms cause the car to wander on the road? or shell I say cause the car to sway like it loose. That's the best way I can  explain it.

The front end has been rebuilt with all new bushings, springs & shocks. the rear just has new shocks and air lift 1000 kit.

I have a buddy giving me some stock control arms off his 10 bolt and I was thinking of replacing the bushings and install them on my 12 bolt.

I don't think there's a difference. When I bought aftermarket ones, they only ask for the year and model of the car. My axle is a Dana 60 just with A-body mounts and it uses the same control arms. 

The upper control arms center the axle in the car and the lowers control the thrust angle. If all the bushings are wore out, the axle can move wherever it wants to. That would cause all sorts of handling issues. Mine were so bad it was like having rear steering

I added the lower control arms when I added coil over shocks. I can tell the difference in handling with the changes. Now I can't be certain if the controls arms had anything to do with it but my bushings were in real bad shape.

Only difference between a 12 Bolt & 10 Bolt is the upper driver side Control Arm.  You can use the 12 Bolt on the 10 Bolt, but can't use the 10 Bolt on the 12 Bolt.  "Hey!  That almost sounds like a Tune".  The 12 Bolt Upper Driver Side Control Arm is notched on the corner that solves a clearance issue when attaching at the Axle on a 12 Bolt Rear Axle.  At that Axle mount location, added material on the thickness where the bolt goes through for mounting was modified on the 12 Bolt to make up the weakness when end was notched.  You will only see this notched end feature on the 12 Upper Driver Side Control Arm Bolt.  See pic showing the difference.

Doug 

post-458-0-09824400-1474931107_thumb.jpg