fiber optic ash tray light

I have a 1970 MC and i've tried to add options to it that were available at the time. I've purchased a fiber optic ash tray light which consists of a fiber optic cord (?) attached to a regular dash gauge light.

I am trying to figure out how to attach it to the ash tray and I am not sure how/where it attaches. I think it should be attached at the roof of the tray with the tip inserted into a precut hole.  Should the hole be round or square? Does this sound right? Anyone have pictures?

Here is a pic of the Ash Tray Fiber Optic assembly.  I can't give you a dimension as car is stored currently for Winter, but you should be able to determine the dimension from yours.  I suspect the hole is already punched out from Factory even if no fiber optic light option.  You know the Bulb plugs into Instrumentation socket behind Dash right?.  PS:  There may be a clip needed to secure fiber optic into ash tray housing that you will need....................

Good luck with your install.......................:2beers:

Doug

100_2564.JPG

Edited by 72-CLASSIC_RIDE

thank you doug, your picture helps a lot. 

Not sure which dash bulb I am supposed to swap out to accommodate this bulb but I gather it should not matter as long as it reaches ash tray.