new flexplate is on the way!!!

kc8oye

I ordered my new flexplate and bolts today from SummitRAcing.

I opted for the SummitRacing Brand (I believe might be made by TCI, they sure look identical, same specs too)

it's SFI 29.1 approved (always nice)

and is .035 thicker then stock flex plates. My local trans shop suggested I get this style flex plate as they're stronger and don't flex as much. besides, if I get serious about drag racing, the tech inspectors might like the fact I'm running a SFI-approved flex plate wink

I also ordered the lower-end (read cheaper) ARP flexplate bolts too.. I Figured if I had to pay $11 handling fee, I might as well pitch in another $8 and get the better bolts.

once the 700r4 is in, I'm going to look into an SFI-approved FluiDampr torsional damper.

my only concern now, is did I guess right that I needed a 168-tooth flywheel?

lol mike.. no.. after working at my new job for a bit more then a year, I'm finally in a position to be spending money on my monte :> I've been working for a company that's kind of ironic since it had a LOT to do with the first gen monte :>

tho it was under called this back then haha

I work for Delphi - Saginaw Steering Gear division.

I work in plant #6 where the steering columns, and plastic p/s parts are made :>

I've been trying to become GOOD friends with the guy in the service parts section of the plant <evil grin>

every couple of months, I see a rack of old-style tube-type steering columns come thru ... (I work in Product Control and Logistics).. I drive a fork truck lol.

Quote:
tho it was under called this back then haha

good lord.. and that was only one beer...
*I* am not even sure what I was trying to say.

anyway.. the new flexplate and trans are going in saturday, hopefully I can get it back on the road, then the following weekend I'll be on way out to leo's to install the 3.55/posi axle.. then we'll see about some new track times :>

har har leo smile

well, the old th350 is out... front pump bushings are SHOT. as well as the pump itself.. oh well.

New SFI Flexplate and ARP bolts are in smile

the 700 is now bolted in.. wow.. that really sucked. those things are HEAVY!

I now know what driveshaft I need, so tomorrow I go see leo smile

and with some luck, by tomorrow (sunday) night, I'll be crusing around in 4spd overdrive style smile

That Monte is getting treated to a lot of stuff lately!! I guess that makes up for the beating you put on it all the time Tim lollol

Hopefully all goes well for you this weekend and your driving it again soon Tim, good luck!!!!!!!!!