car has no trans mounts

Guest silent72

Guest silent72

hey guys, i need ur help again. im purchasing the trans mounts for my 72 monte. i dont know how they bolt on with the crossmember on. if u guys have pics or can tell me how, i would greatly appreciate it. this is without the rubber pads.

I'll try and help but if someone has an actual photo of it on the tranny it would help even more.

The mount will look like the photo below...it is actually upside down in the picture...the two holes without the thread that are farther apart bolt to the bottom of the transmission near the tailshaft, can't miss it as the holes will line up...the three threaded holes will be resting on the crossmember pad facing the ground and they get bolted through the bottom of the mount pad.

Hope this helps a little... smile

Bill

ens-3-1108g.jpg

Hey Silent, the outer two holes will bolt up to the transmission, and the next two inner bolt holes will bolt up to the cross member. The mount will actually bolt up upside down from how Bill's picture shows it. I assume that the extra piece of metal on Bill's pic is to keep the transmission angle the same if you choose not to use the rubber pads. In that case, it would go between the transmission and the mount.

Guest silent72

i thought the mounts went on the two ends of the crossmember that go to the frame i think. i meant those. are there mounts that go to the ends of the crossmember? im a lil confused. but the info u guys gave me did help a lot too. thx.

you're talking about the ones I took picture of in the other thread, call Leo, Klassik1 (Koniks Klassiks) on the parts page, he'll be able to hook you up smile

if not, I'm switching to a chevelle crossmember, I'll ship you mine smile

i thought the mounts went on the two ends of the crossmember that go to the frame i think. i meant those. are there mounts that go to the ends of the crossmember? im a lil confused. but the info u guys gave me did help a lot too. thx.

Here are some pics of my trans mount to frame connection

2918129_126_full.jpg

2918129_127_full.jpg