Power Bench Seat Removal

Stamminator

Need some help guys!  I went to start my bench to buckets conversion today by removing the factory power bench seat in my 70 M/C.  The motor (or switch, or mechanism) hasn't worked for many years and is stuck in the most rearward position.  Thus, I cannot move the seat forward to access the rear mounting bolts.  Is there a way to manually move the seat forward?  Or some other removal trick I can't see here?  Thanks in advance for any guidance!

The only ways I know are, use a wrench and manually take the nuts/bolts out. Or if you can, take the cables off of the motor/engine going to the transmissions and put a drill on the end and try to move the motor that way. The cables are like speedometer cable. 

MC1of80:  You da man!  I had a broken cable, so I cannibalized it to make a drive cable on my drill, like you said.  Moved each side a bit at a time, so it wouldn't bind and got it moved forward like a champ!  If I get to NY anytime soon, I'll buy you an adult beverage!  Best, Jeff.

You could both meet up at the Eastern Meet in Carlisle for the 50th Anniversary of Monte Carlo at the end of June.... Heck, we have happy hourS there each night.

rob

Planning to be there Rob. As long as the event is held. Who knows at this point if it will be. Fingers crossed that it will be held. 🙏

Thomas,

I just sent you a private message here on the boards.  

For Thomas and others, I heard from my Carlisle Events contact and with the state opening up again it looks like this show will go on as scheduled.  This is the information you and I have been waiting for.  I will keep everyone updated to any changes in this information as I get it  Thank you for your patience in this.

rob

thank you for all your hard work and staying on top of things. I hope Syracuse nationals is still going on heard people saying its cancelled called them and recording said still on waiting for EMPORIOR COMO to open ny