Drivers door decal

70 Iron

Hi all,

This decal was installed by GM at the factory,Its the one that has your VIN # and dated when your monte was assembled.Its blue with an overlay on it and is on the drivers door.I know that a few years ago they were illegal to sell, A couple of weeks ago I saw them somewhere on ebay for sale for 35.00,but I did'nt pay any mind to them to where I saw them, Has any one seen them ? I belive it was a chevelle vendor.I would like to find one just for a spare. Thanks

Terry

I got mine off ebay last Spring.....(oh man eekI just realized my spreadsheet with everything we have paid for the monte has been wiped out when I had to re-do my computer last week mad)

Anyhow, I did not pay much at all....I'll search thru & see if I can find out who I bought it from & what I paid. It turned out great. They even had the correct typewriter & put my vin number on it.

Someone has them now but you have to put your own VIN # on it for $9.99

ebay link

Thats just what I was looking for Capri,and to have the numbers and date typed in is a plus.I bought one a few years ago and had to type the # and date.Thanks a bunch.I will be ordering it today.

Robert ,you may have the blue GM decal,"mark of excellence"

Thanks,Terry

I received the door decal today,Great looking and had all the Vin# typed in and the assembly date.They even use a typewriter from the 70s. Thanks again Capri.

Terry

Don't save the link too long - or it could disappear - not to mention, who knows how many of these decals she has. I guess she can probably keep ordering blank ones as long as she has ribbon for her old 70's typewriter.

NOW TONY!!!,You just started something else!!Where did you get the PA inspection sticker? Does it ever end?lol

Terry

Here ya go Terry!!

a>

I got mine at a car show, I paid 15 bucks, here is the link to the Pa version Inspection stickers

I love having it on the car and have been asked about it many times at a show, worth the money in my opinion!

I couldnt get the pic to work, but Ill put up a pic of mine tonite for you. The link is working though

If you click on this link it brings up the link for a 1971 sticker for pa.

http://www.inspectionsticker.net/zen/images/PA%201971-2.bmp

Those are pretty interesting Tony. I have no memory of them stickers - were they on the windshields? Wonder when they stopped using them.......hhmm, ok so in 1971 I was only 7 years old so I guess I would not really remember them.....

Here is the pic of mine

2621328_86_full.jpg

Check out the site, lots of states on there!

Terry, You will get to see it in person, Im planning on a trip to your place as soon as the weather breaks, I saved your address, less than 40 min from me, well worth a trip up just to say hi!!

Thanks Tony,I checked out the PA site and found the 70s sticker and they look great.I just have to decide if I want my antique tag # on it or not.What did you decide?I have seen them on cars at shows and they always impressed me.

It sure looks great on your Monte,thats for sure.Yes,Head that Monte West young man when the weather allows,will be glad to see you.

Terry

I didnt put my tag # on mine, I got mine on the spot at a local show where I met the guy that produces them. For $15 bucks I thought it was a neat buy. And Ill definately be taking a trip west to see you! smile

Sounds good Tony,"Warning",I DO TALK ALOT ABOUT MONTES"!

I am really excited about this sticker so I went out in the 12 degree night weather to the garage to get my tag #,Is this normal for a SENIOR citizen to still get excited over such little things ?lol

Terry

• 9 months later...