71 MC. Just purchased. Have Questions.

Sorry Rob.  Lol. 

The vacuum hose under the float bowl, in the front, should go to the transmission modulator and the one in your hand, pictured, should go to the distributor. 

To make 100 percent sure, with the car running, take the hose off of the carb, that's in your hand, there should be very little,if not no vacuum. Bring up the car off of idle and the vacuum should get stronger. If this is the case, that hose goes to the distributor. The other hose should have strong vacuum at all times. 

You can also adjust, slightly, when the trans shifts by the tiny adjustment screw in the transmission modulator vacuum port. 

Sorry Rob.  Lol. 

The vacuum hose under the float bowl, in the front, should go to the transmission modulator and the one in your hand, pictured, should go to the distributor. 

To make 100 percent sure, with the car running, take the hose off of the carb, that's in your hand, there should be very little,if not no vacuum. Bring up the car off of idle and the vacuum should get stronger. If this is the case, that hose goes to the distributor. The other hose should have strong vacuum at all times. 

You can also adjust, slightly, when the trans shifts by the tiny adjustment screw in the transmission modulator vacuum port. 

UPDATE: You guys were absolutely right about the vacuum lines. Swapped them and now the transmission shifts great. Finally got the Title and Blue Tag. Yay. Hooked up a Tac and small gauge cluster. Temp hangs around 150. Tac idles at 600 and rides casual around 1100-1800. In third going a guestimated 55ish it hits around 2400+rpm. When I let off the gas I feel drag anywhere 50ish+. Romping on it it gets up around 3600 before I just dont wanna push it and it feels pretty fast. I also notice a slight tap/knock from passenger side head near firewall. Its loudest when letting off the gas and pretty sporadic. Ive seen several youtube videos of people adjusting 454 rocker arms running by sound. Loosen til tap the tighten quiet +1/4 turn. Kinda like a on n off diesel knock from just that section. Idles good but under load while decelerating it rattles a lil. Here some more pics of the car and of the passenger side head.

20210201_185844.jpg

20210201_185850.jpg

20210131_163150_Edited.jpg

20210131_163208.jpg

Glad the advice helped. 600rpm at idle is a little low. Factory setting is 750rpm in park. 

I adjust the rockers the way you described. I would do that and see from there. 

Check the spark plugs wires and make sure they are locked into the plugs. The intermittent noise you describe when decelling could be a bad plug or even a header gasket leak that is most noticible when decelling. Something to check. 

Could also be a "lean" pop. Did you change the carb yet? 

The carb is on the top of the list. Ive been tempted to buy a off brand for alot cheaper but wanna keep it OG. Just waitin for a good check. I understand that could be the reason for a ton of the lil issues driving me nuts. I tuned the rockers yesterday as we discussed. A few were really tight, more than 2 whole turns. Car runs decent. Turned up the idle to 750ish. Speed odometer id way off. Got on a 55-60mph rd and was keepin up with traffic with little issue. Theres a surging sketchy vibration under the car when its 45+. That intensifies the faster you go. Driveshaft has a lil turn slop but doesnt wiggle. In my mind its something rotating thats off balance. Cant wait to get a new carb.