Just couldn't pass it up

Toppless72

Hello Guys and gals,

I've been looking for an overdrive transmission for my 72. Its bone stock and only puts out 175 ponies so I know I didn't need a built 700 R4. I found a freshly rebuilt 200 4R out of a 1988 Caddy for $60.00. Even though it's got the multi-fit case I had to grab it. I even got the receipt including the warranty. My next question is what has to be modified on the M/C so the overdrive works properly? Any suggestions will help.

Thank you Joe

My boss is running one in his 70 442, I think the only thing he had to do was use a 12v switched hot for the converter lock up really. Ill ask him tomorrow, but I dont think there was much involved

Nice find though!!!

200-4r is a bolt-in replacement for the TH350. I believe it is the same length, and uses the same yoke.. not for sure tho, I went the 700r4 route.

if your car is column shift, the shift linkages should work fine.. might have some issues with a floor shifter tho.

This is yet one more question that would be a great step by step "how to" write up for our club. Perhaps put "HOW TO" answers and pictures in the MEMBERS ONLY area. With all of the modifications this group has done to their Monte Carlos, we would have a great resource for members.

Bruce