Throttle return spring

jja

Recently been updating my engine bay back to original. Was wondering whether anyone else with a 1970 MC (with 4bbl rochestor carb) has the throttle return spring attached?

I'm assuming this is the name of the spring (green?) that is supposed to be attached to the small hole of the thermostat housing and attached somewhere else on the carburetor?

Appreciate any help on this topic, including pictures.

This is the information I received when I had my Qudrajet prebuilt a few years 😁 ago.. My primary shaft was very loose so they replaced the bushings. No spring info but may be of some help to someone someday. (click on the link)

https://wordpress.com/page/1971montecarlo.wordpress.com/1233

Thank you everyone. So what is supposed to be attached to the hole in the thermostat housing? My 70 MC came with cruise control from the factory.

Possibly nothing. The t-stat housing was used for many different applications so your car may not have a use for it. It is not used on my 71. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better answer. 

• Like 2