Set me straight & on the right track...PLEASE

I'm trouble shooting my gas gauge which stays in the 3:00 position. Fairly sure problems in the sending unit but in addition to gas gauge not working all my idiot lights (oil,  temp, generator, emergency brake) are extremely dim. Dash lights are bright, clock works all ground wires are hooked up. Could my gas gauge problem & dim idiot lights be related? 

Also, if I do need to replace my sending unit, where can I find a removal tool?

16 minutes ago, Blueheeler said:

I'm trouble shooting my gas gauge which stays in the 3:00 position. Fairly sure problems in the sending unit but in addition to gas gauge not working all my idiot lights (oil,  temp, generator, emergency brake) are extremely dim. Dash lights are bright, clock works all ground wires are hooked up. Could my gas gauge problem & dim idiot lights be related? 

Also, if I do need to replace my sending unit, where can I find a removal tool?

Go to Youtube.com and you can see how to do it.  Yes there is a tool but if you watch the video you will see using a hammer and flat blade screwdriver to tap the locking ring in a counterclockwise direction to remove it.

rob

Extremely dim lights would point to some extra resistance in the circuit somewhere. It's likely the problems are tied together. Loose or corroded ground will definitely do it. Make sure you check for resistance, not just continuity on the grounds.