conv.

rpmracer70

i have a 350 about 400 hp with a 350 turbo trans and a 2400 stahl conv, when i put it in drive it pulls right away with no slip , the motor has a med size cam so i need it to slip at idle what conv should i use , thanks Robert

RPM, I had a 24-2600 stall in my car. 350 , mild cam, 3:55 gears...Dont get me wrong it was a slight step above stock but way to tight to take advantage of the power. I had a little more Hp than you but it was truly holding me back. I upgraded to a Coan 10 inch 3000-3500 which feels kinda stock until you mash the gas then all hell breaks loose...Very fun to drive!!!!. After getting all the great info from these guys here dont be afraid to go bigger than what you have especially if you dont drive all that much...Just go w/ a good company....you get what you pay for!!!.. Like me, lots of guys have fear about going w/ a looser converter...take the plunge....best $500 I've ever spent!!

i have a 2500 in my car.. and at light throttle, you can hardly feel it.. the only time I really notice it slipping is when I'm in over drive at slow speeds... 30-45mph...

or as Al said.. when I mash it to the floor from a stand still you can feel the engine rev up, the converter 'grabs'. breaks the tires loose.. and away I go :>

Don't play the converter guessing game. Call a reputable converter manufacture and make sure you give them all your vehicles specs. They will come up with a converter that is matched to your application.