TEMPERATURE SENSOR.

Good morning all. I replaced the cylinder heads and intake manifold last weekend. The temperature sensor that goes into the side of the head can not be reinstalled in the new heads. The port is not there. I want to install it in the intake however the hole is not 3/8. Its 1/4 I believe. I changed my cluster from the dummy lights to the red line gauge conversion. (love that by the way). Does anyone know if there is a smaller sending unit that will work with the red line temperature gauge. I am sorry to say I don't know if they are universal and I don't want to just put anything in. I assume someone has run into this before. As always I appreciate the input. 

Tom, what I have done in the past is go to Ace Hardware (they in my experience have a better assortment of brass fittings) and get an adapter. I have to take the sensor with me to make sure it fits lol. I had to do that with both my aftermarket temp gauge sensor (manifold) and elec fan sensor (heads) 

• Like 1

Are there any tapped holes in the block ?? 

On my 350, there's a 3/8" tapped hole on the passengers side, about half way along the block. 

As for mixing senders/gauges, I've found that they are usually "brand specific", each using their own line resistance. 

Hardware and plumbing supply stores will have pretty much any adapters you can imagine.

I feared that to be the case. I haven't seen any access ports on the block itself. To be honest because it was in the cylinder head I just assumed that is where it was supposed to be and that was it. I will most certainly check.