Might this be YOUR BUILD SHEET?

Went to retrieve my ‘70 from the trim shop today. Good news and bad news. Bad news first:

drivers door glass didn’t want to roll all the way down and passenger quarter window is getting caught up between the window felts and molding/gasket.  To the point where the chrome strip/molding is being pulled off the edge of the glass. Too much tension between the new materials and window glass is how they explained it to me, which makes sense. Door panel and armrest base screws were backed out a little bit to relieve tension and that worked for the drivers glass. The rubber molding on the door jam that goes under the interior quarter panel will be getting shaved down half thickness to hopefully alleviate the tension there. I told them I’ll be back to pick up the car later (hopefully). 

The good news?  They presented me with a build sheet they found between the vinyl cover and the batting in the rear seat. It’s in wonderful shape all things considered. Only thing is that it doesn’t belong to my car. This VIN is three cars after mine (016 vs. 013) and the Sequence Number is 6 higher than my car (6260 vs. 6254).  Thinking about this I envision a stack of black rear seats waiting to be installed and someone grabbing one out of order that already had the build sheet tucked into it.  Both cars came with black vinyl seats, so…

While surely a long shot here, if this might be yours let me know and I’ll be happy to get it to you. In the meantime I’ll see if my friend at the DMV can see if it’s still registered somewhere. Check it out… A nicely optioned car!!  300 hp four-speed with a ton of amenities. 

69B71AB9-B229-465A-AA33-5DC2D7A42223.png.bd9dcb24be223843bd531730e0ff4b80.png

• Like 3

You never know. I was able to match up a protectoplate I had with the current owner by posting the VIN on this forum so anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

You never know. I was able to match up a protectoplate I had with the current owner by posting the VIN on this forum so anything is possible.

I found two phone numbers to ‘Daniels Motors Inc.” in Colorado Springs to try to work that angle… One was no longer in service and the other one rang off the hook with no voicemail option. I’ll do more hunting/digging when time permits. 

ED19D3DE-C45D-4C9A-A213-40A812408756.png

50 minutes ago, 714024SPEED said:

I like to own the Monte that matches the build sheet. Lots of options and a 4 speed !!! Hope the car is still out there and you can get them the build sheet.

I agree… That thing had to scream with that gearbox, 300 HP and 3.31s.  I’m working on trying to see if this car is still around. The dealership it was originally shipped to is still in existence, albeit at a different address. 

I got a hold of a young lady in customer service there (Daniel Motors Inc. - aka Daniels Chevrolet in Colorado Springs) yesterday and explained what I had. I provided her with the VIN and she searched their database as well as some sort of GM database… with negative results. 

Worst case scenario, it’ll supplement the provenance I have for my ‘70. Either way I was excited that it was discovered. 

• Like 3