2023 First-Gen Monte Carlo Takeover at Summit Motorsports Park (not an official FGMCC-Sponsored event)

On 7/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, DragCat said:

Hope you guys have a great time Also hope to see some pictures posted from the event 

For this event, the photos will go in a video hosted on YouTube as well…and unless something strange happens, i have a good friend who is going to photograph and video the event for me. I would think we should capture some good memories from the gathering. 

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

Anticipating the photo/video link 

I promise I'll do it.

Numbers by Day:
x25 on Friday
x35 on Saturday
x16 on Sunday

In total, x38 First-Gen Montes attended the Takeover with a couple more First-Gens in the Car Show participating of their own free will (yes, that's possible).

The weather (read as torrential rain) did scare at least a dozen away (those that were making a game-time decision, anyway). Given the opportunity, I think we'll hit 50 next year, barring the wheels completely falling off the economy.

I'll say, it was an incredible time, and I'm not exaggerating. I hurt the car in some manner though, so I'll be busy for a bit sorting it out.

That being said, Third Annual First-Gen Monte Carlo Takeover anyone?

A playlist of First-Gen Monte Carlos on the dragstrip. I’ve uploaded videos from Day 2. Day 2 saw Eric’s alcohol-injected 582-powered Monte run an impressive 8.99 @ 150 mph. Day 3 saw Jim C’s 572-powered ‘70 stop the clocks at 10.60 @ 128 mph, after driving two hours to the track. Jim’s 3.73 geared S60 is tamed by a TH400 sporting a Gear Vendors over drive unit  

There were several high 11-Second/low 12-Second Montes, which made for some highly competitive, side/by-side racing.

11.72 @ 112.06 Gary’s ‘72, 489, TH400, 3.73

11.78 @ 114. Harold’s ‘71, 388, TH350, 3.73

12.14 @ 112.14 Paul’s ‘70,  489, 700R-4, 3.73

12.15 @ 116.88 my ‘70, 510, TH350, 2.56

More videos to come.