LSX swap

Chevymd350

Hi Folks-

Just wanted to let you know that I am planning an LSX/T56 swap into something next winter. I still miss my 70 monte, and am considering tracking it down or buying another one. That being said, I am also considering doing another grand national, so that might have to be it! My goal is to have something that is quick, reliable, safe, and, most importantly, fun to drive! Current plans / parts list is as follows:

LQ4 H/C, magnacharger

T56

BRP swap kit

Moroso oil pan

wait4meperformance standalone harness

BRP headers

SC&C AFX front suspension kit

KORE3 C6 discs on all fours

CCW classic 18's

HRpartsnStuff rear suspension package

I wish I hadn't sold that LS2/T56 I had a few summers ago, that'd have made my parts cobbling a lot easier!

I have some time (planning build next winter) to figure out which platform I'd like to do. With the state of the economy, I should have a pretty good selection by then.

BTW, if I do a g-body, it will be a GN, and no, I'm not worried about "ruining a GN!"

I hope everyone is doing ok!

MD

You're not ruining a Grand National, my opinion you would be making it 10x better. V8 with the supercharger! sweet! or maybe even a Turbo?

V6s just don't do it for me.

Do the First Gen Monte if you could, of course we'd all like to see that!

you aren't likely to see much in the mileage dept. with a super charger.. turbos sure.. but that super is gonna suck your gas mileage down even while cruizing.

the supercharged 3800 v6 for example, gets about 3 mpg LESS then the N/A version does in the same car..

• 2 weeks later...
You're not ruining a Grand National, my opinion you would be making it 10x better. V8 with the supercharger! sweet! or maybe even a Turbo?

V6s just don't do it for me.

Do the First Gen Monte if you could, of course we'd all like to see that!

Jared, I am guessing you have never owned or driven a boosted car. My 86 T Type makes 397 RWHP on low boost(20 pounds) with a turbo/methanal/injector/chip upgrade. You aint lived until you take a ZO7 circa 2006 out the hole and up to some wicked top end speed laugh

But an LSX swap in a first gen. HMMM.

Andy