More Spark

I rebuilt my 1972 402 motor.  A few things that I did to increase the horsepower was

- Bored to 30 over

- Silv O Lite cast aluminum Pistons

- Dome crown 8cc

- Bore 4.125 in

- Compression ratio is 10.25:1

- oil pump Melling high volume

- Camshaft - Mellings M-select class 1

- Intake .270 lift 288 Duration

just to name a few things. Car runs fine but decided to give it a little more spark. Curious will the dyna-module affect my stock coil which  in my HEI distributor? I just replaced the coil but it is a stock coil not an upgrade. The 72's, as everyone knows in the big blocks, horsepower was grossly reduced. Just have to give her a little steroids!

Thanks for any help.

Hey Mark,

Just from what I've heard at local cruise events, the general opinion is to change all the ignition components if you're upgrading.... That way you're sure to get parts that are made to work together and give you the best results. Less chance of something burning out and damage the rest of the system as well. 

I'm sure there are different opinions based on personal experiences, but this made sense to me. 

Scott.

• Like 1

FYI, don't use solid copper spark plug wires with PERTRONIX ignition system or that will cause it to fail!

Probably nobody here uses solid copper spark plug wires but I wanted to pass this along.

• Like 3