Correct carpet?

The 'Loop' carpet is the correct type Paul. If you get the 'Mass Backing' option , it does look & fit nicer, though it costs a bit more.

FWIW, I've gotten them from OC Auto Carpets in the past, but recently found that Rock Auto sells the exact same product and was cheaper. They all drop ship from ACC anyways. Getting them direct from ACC is the most expensive way to go.

Right now, they're $169 at OC, add $71 for the Mass backing' ($241)

https://www.ocautocarpets.com/product/2063/1970-1972-chevrolet-monte-carlo-2dr-auto/

Looks like $144 at Rock Auto for the standard Loop, and $204 for the Mass backing

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1971,monte+carlo,7.4l+454cid+v8,1055641,interior,flooring,1264

The shipping was half the price at Rock also, at least to my location. ($16 vs $37). Worth a look at any rate. Matching ACC floor mats can be found at the same time, with savings at Rock as well compared to the other sites.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

Wow Joe, really good info, thanks!

You're welcome Paul. :2beers:

Where are the screenshots you posted from?

1 hour ago, Paul Bell said:

OPGI

At least they wouldn't give you a 6 month 'Backordered' experience, the carpets usually ship straight from the manufacturer, lol.

I'm curious what they want for shipping. Maybe I'll create an order just to see. (EDIT: looks like they'd charge about $40 - fedex ground). I'm also not seeing the option to get it with the Mass Backing, but it may be there. Moot point, it's cheaper at Rock Auto anyways.

Any chance you may be able to come out to Carlisle this year?

• Like 4