Bench seat tracks

willie

Has anyone had an experience that they used our bench seat tracks on a bench seat from a 66 Impala??  I have a friend that needs a set of tracks for his Impala?  Tkx

Does he have the old ones to compare them to? Anything is possible I guess. I put bucket seats from a corvair in my 64 impala wagon worked well had room between them to lay down use back seat for headrest. I won't tell you what that was useful for 😅😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Steve i don't think he does. I have a parts car that i can take them from but don't have time for that if they don't fit!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 10:26 AM, cny first gen 71 said:

Does he have the old ones to compare them to? Anything is possible I guess. I put bucket seats from a corvair in my 64 impala wagon worked well had room between them to lay down use back seat for headrest. I won't tell you what that was useful for 😅😉

I'm going to assume it wasn't a console shift....... :k

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

I'm going to assume it wasn't a console shift....... :k

Scott and Steve, it is a factory 4 speed with a bench seat from factory.  I haven't seen it yet as this friend of mine sells them like we change our underwear.  The PO had switched the bench to buckets because it looks sportier. My friend wants to change it back.  My friend said the bucket seat tracks will fit so he is using them. I told him when he takes the ones off the bench seat that are shot bring them to me so i can match them up to ours and then we will know if they will fit for the future.      He bought a 72 Monte once, called me to tell me he bought it, 2 weeks later i called him to go see it and he already sold it. Crazy

Thanks for the help guys!!!

• Like 1

Hey Willie.... Sorry about the derailed conversation. 

From what I've seen, the tracks look similar, and being a massed produced part for all G.M.'s, I'd think they'd interchange. 

It's the seat width that would determine location. 

Here's a couple pics that might help... the first is the Impala.

Hope it helps. 

Scott.

71tracks.jpg

6672tracks.jpg

• Like 1

Thx Scott, I told him we should do that but he is very impatient, doesn't want to wait. I will tell him again. Even if he gets them to put on the buckets that he is taking out.

• Like 1