WOW!!!!!!

Guest 72yellowmc

Guest 72yellowmc

I really love the 700 r4 that came with my new / old monte ...... today is the first time i really got to put it to a test ..... when i shifted down to first gear going around 10 mph and punched it .... it imeadeatly lit the tires up..... shifted to 2nd and the car went a little side ways so i let off .... this thing don't even have headers yet .. eek ... and to top it off i filled up the gas tank at broken arrow oklahoma and drove it back to halstead ks ... and it still has an 1/8 th of a tank of gas..... smile

Gotta love overdrive...thumbs_up.gif

So what do you think using the seat of your pants...do you think it's faster than Old Yeller or slower?

Bill

Guest 72yellowmc
Gotta love overdrive...thumbs_up.gif

So what do you think using the seat of your pants...do you think it's faster than Old Yeller or slower?

Bill

it's hard to say Bill ... I'll throw on some headers ... and do some track tuning and see where i'm at .... the only thing that will hender this car is that it's an open 12 bolt 3:31 gear ... so I'm looking at buying a power trax to make sure i get good traction at the track ... of course then i need to buy new mt et streets ... $$$$$$$$$ lol

Guest XXXXXXX

So glad to hear you're happy with it so far. I've often toyed with the idea of swapping in an O.D. 700R4 but so many other things that need repair first.

Guest 72yellowmc
Sounds like your off to a real nice start! Glad your happy with it Robyn! It must feel real good

So tell me......did this make it in yet??

buckle_kiss.jpg

Why yes it did tony .... it even survived a little tumble when I goosed it and it came flying off the rear view mirror and landed in the back seat .... lol . know idea how that happened .... nutz

yep.. now that my 700r4 shifts correctly.. it's AWESOME smile

the monte is so much more 'calm' and 'composed' when it's only turning 2250 rpm @ 70mph instead of 3300 smile

or when I Was doin 80mph @ 2500 rpm instead of 4000 :>