BFG tire comparison

Canuck

The tire in the foreground is dated 2016. The one behind is 2015. Somewhere between those two is when BF Goodrich lost my business. Tires were cleaned and treated the same on the same car all these years.

IMG_2533.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

That sucks. I decided to roll the dice and went with BFGs on the ‘71 last year. With the exception of two or three very small spots on the lettering on one tire, the rest have been fine… for now.  Time will tell…

• Like 2

Someone mentioned to me that they may have corrected the issue. I didn’t want to take the risk so now have Coopers and I’m happy with them.

IMG_2536.jpeg

• Like 4

Had that issue on my Camaro. Bought the tires around 2016. It took about a year for the rears to begin turning brown. I was able to  clean each individual letter with acetone, but that was crazy.  The  fronts stayed bright white. 2 different size tires. After Googling the issue, I realized others had the same problem, so I went back to the shop I purchased them from and they filled out a special form that went to Michelin who owns BFG. They honored the complaint and replaced them. Now after about 3 years, they’re doing the same. The fronts are still perfect. BFGs were on my Monte when I bought it. As Glen said, time will tell.

22 hours ago, Canuck said:

The tire in the foreground is dated 2016. The one behind is 2015. Somewhere between those two is when BF Goodrich lost my business. Tires were cleaned and treated the same on the same car all these years.

IMG_2533.jpeg

Aaron....

If you also notice, the tread patterns are different too. 

Montelishi's spare was of the earlier pattern and the lettering was much better then the ones on the road. Sadly, it had a huge split in it, and when I took the wheel in to get the Tigerpaws mounted, the guys showed me that the wheel was bent beyond repair as well. :(

I mounted one of the old BFG tires on a spare rim (for the trunk), and found that Vasoline did a pretty good job of brightening the lettering... At least better than some of the cleaners I'd tried. 

These both have the same letters and tread pattern. The ones with the clean letters were on the front and heavily worn on the outer edge. I have some others with the older lettering on this same tread pattern and some on the old tread pattern too.