dell laptop

monte70car

Hey quick question the gf has a brand new dell laptop don't ask what model because i have no clue. anyway the question is when she has it plug in to the charger it does not charge the battery it shows its charging but it doesn't any idea why? she has changed the battery with anyone and its the same thing. i'm leaning towards the charger being the problem. also her sound will go mute without her turning it.

she has to have it plugged in for it to turn on. so it would be a good chance that the brick is the wrong one. as far as it charging when its off i dont know b/c shes on it from the time she gets up until she either go to work, right now shes been on it all day since her son is in the hospital. i do know she paid a high price for it. thanks allan ill pass what you said to her.

i have a question about my laptop which is a hp i ran a scan on it the other day and it shows there is no ram in it why would it show that when both slots are full with 1gb each?

for me its the brick. next time i see the gf on ill ask if it has any lights on the front and if so see which light is on when its plugged in. she said when they leave the hospital (who in the heck knows when that will be frown )shell take it to get looked at. her step mom told her it wont charge until the battery gets low, which i understand but the battery gauge by they clock sure show it being 100% and im thinking hers is showing less then 100% so it always says its charging.

My wife's Dell laptop got a replacement battery (it could blow up) in a recall. About 9 mths later the battery light started flashing a code like 4 orange 1 green when ever it's charging (plugged in) or on but unplugged. Battery doesn't hold a charge as long now about 10 - 15 min so she keeps it plugged in all the time.

Just wait till we are sitting on a battery the size of a garbage can, in our electric car, and it go's bad! No thanks!

Bruce

they just tested two different electric cars on TopGear.. they were AWESOME smile

The Tesla is WICKED fast... and battery powered, and in full-on racing conditions, only made it 55 miles *chuckle* but it's insanely fast

the Honda FCX Clarity... what a wonderful car. Hydrogen Fuel Cell technology.. everybit as live-with-able as a gasoline powered car.. gets aboout 250 miles to a 'tank' and fills up just about the same as a gasoline car.. put the nozzle in, turn the locking lever, and wait 2-3 minutes... whenever they made the episode (the most recent new episode) hydrogen refills cost about the same as a gas refill. the only drawback is the price.. the website doesn't list a purchase price.. only a $600/month lease price..

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

my dell has that flat cord with a goofy 180^ u-bend plug on the end of it.. not really sure why they did things that way.. but it works well enough.. It can charge while the computer is on.. but it definately takes longer.