1970 SS Value

2montes

I am curious what a 1970 SS454 numbers matching car would be worth. It is all original with 102,000 miles on the engine. The interior is in pretty decent condition but the front and rear fenders and trunk pan has a lot of rust. What would you guys say is a ballpark price. I bought the car several years ago from the third owner. I have the original build sheet and some service and maintenance information back to 1973. I am not looking to sell the car but curious what it is worth in the current condition.

NADA Classic Car Guide 70 Monte Carlo Super Sport

TOTAL PRICE

Low $7,300

Average $16,400

High $26,700

Low Retail Value

This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value

This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".

High Retail Value

This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

Thanks for the information and greeting. I have always loved Montes and when I found a true SS I had to get it. I also have another 70 monte with a small block 400 in it. It is suppose to be all original but I have not checked the numbers or looked for a build sheet yet. Both cars have a lot of rust on the fenders but I hope to tear into them in the next year and start restoring them.

Welcome and it looks like you a have some nice projects./ We always like to see a Monte being saved. We'd like to see pics, no matter what condition the cars are in. Many of us have cars that aren't show quality, yet.

I have always loved Montes and when I found a true SS I had to get it. I also have another 70 monte with a small block 400 in it.

The FGMCC is definitely the place for you! Welcome! smile

Dave