4-spd trans

Sam (Bones)

I'm still learning. Somewhere here I thought I saw that the manual trans Montes had the saginaw trans and I remember thinking that wasn't as sporty as the Muncie. It pretty much put a damper on my dream of finding one.

But if the Monte came with a Muncie...now it all sounds fun again. I am familliar with the M22, but are the M20 and M21 close-ratio or no?

Maybe the saginaw was used for the 3 speed on the column car but the 4 speeds were Muncies. The M20's and M21's where the same transmissions with the exception of gear ratio. The M20's where used on heavier cars. My M20 is pretty stout using the 32 spline yoke, as far as being close ratio, I don't think so but it feels just fine to me laugh

Steve

"Captain MONTE Levanti" strikes again.

"Dan your close but actually it is the M20 in the Monte's for the lower first gear rather than the M21's which where the same. The M22 was the "Rock Crusher" that was used on the high performance cars." - Steve

I'm not worthy ......I'm not worthy.

Tune in next week when Dan forgets to keep his feet "centered" on the floor mat in Steve's car. This could get ugly. . . very ugly.

Thanks for the correction.

Dan

• 1 year later...
Guest Evil Austin

Maybe you guys can help me out too. . . I have two M22's sitting in the garage, I was wondering if I could swap into a TH350 without modification to the crossmember ?

-E.A.