Monte-Caddy

Guest rodwil12

Guest rodwil12

Has anyone tried or heard of upgrading the oem motor & tranny on a FGMC to a new Cadillac motor (LSA) and Transmission ((perhaps Hydra-Matic 4L60-E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission (Gen III/IV))? Any foreseen problems or issues with this set-up?

Rodwil

was it really necessary to start the same thread in three different forums no

I know LS engines have been installed in Montes, and some of the newer overdrive transmissions too, I'm sure someone with some knowledge of this will chime in here soon

Guest rodwil12

I wasn't sure if all the fgmcc members checked all of the forums all of the time. I'm trying to get answers for my project and I couldn't count on putting all of my eggs in one basket. S. Bones, if you have any advice for my project, please share, if not, leave the research to me please.

Rodwil12

Yes it will work The drive shaft needs shortening , the motor mounts need to be different,You will need to have electric fans. The trans mount will need relocating. You will need a electric fuel pump and a baffled gas tank. you will need to tweak your exhaust to mate up with what ever manifold or header you get. The oil pan may need to be changed mine was for the "F" body (firebird) it fits the shape of are cross member perfectly. The computer will fit behind the glove box You will need the rad hoses custom some how Flex hose, aluminum inset tube what ever you like, An Ls1 is in my car but I did not go with a computer controlled trans as I thought the 700r4 would work fine and It does. Thats most of what I thing was needed for the change. Good luck with it eh! Jjs

I wasn't sure if all the fgmcc members checked all of the forums all of the time. I'm trying to get answers for my project and I couldn't count on putting all of my eggs in one basket. S. Bones, if you have any advice for my project, please share, if not, leave the research to me please.

Rodwil12

have a nice day smile

Quote:

Rodwil12

Nothing like starting off on the wrong foot. Sometimes we take things out of context, being new to our forum you'll come to see that "Sam" didn't mean anything wrong by it. A moderator's job is long and difficult and no pay. A job that requires no experience, (OJT for the most part) and done mostly for the love of our hobby and comradeship.

Maybe next time you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger. We welcome everybody's input here, and at times even though it may be a two sentence response a moderator has to sort through a bunch of irrelevance to clean up the board.

Sam is an asset to this club and for the most part a well liked and rounded individual, his knowledge is admired here. I'm sure Sam was just looking out for his difficult task.

MY2cents

Rod

Guest andrewT
Quote:

Originally Posted By: rodwil12

Rodwil12

Nothing like starting off on the wrong foot. Sometimes we take things out of context, being new to our forum you'll come to see that "Sam" didn't mean anything wrong by it. A moderator's job is long and difficult and no pay. A job that requires no experience, (OJT for the most part) and done mostly for the love of our hobby and comradeship.

Maybe next time you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger. We welcome everybody's input here, and at times even though it may be a two sentence response a moderator has to sort through a bunch of irrelevance to clean up the board.

Sam is an asset to this club and for the most part a well liked and rounded individual, his knowledge is admired here. I'm sure Sam was just looking out for his difficult task.

MY2cents

Rod

and he has a very very sweet ride as well cool