2002 monte performance

Guest 72yellowmc

Guest 72yellowmc

has any one had any luck with these chips?

Yes, it looks like my 2002 will by my drag car for a long while .... just looking at picking up the performance some.. it has the 3.6 engine .. bone stock ..... it has run a best of 16.18 ... just like to get it into the 15's.

performancechip.jpg

CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO 1995-2008 PERFORMANCE CHIP

• Add 50+ Horsepower

• Add 50+ Torque

• Save 3-6+ MPG

• Faster 0-60 Time

• Improved mid-range power

• More power for towing

• Smoother Shifting

• Smoother IDLE

• Reduced overall engine stress

• Up to 40% Quicker Throttle Response time

• Pays for itself with gas savings

• Improved Top End Power

• Improves your 1/4 Mile Times

• Improves your 1/8 Mile Times

• Less and fewer oil changes due to a more efficient tune

• Prolongs your engine life due to a more efficient tune

• Improved Low End Torque

• Improved Performance in high altitude areas

• HELPS your vehicle to pass emissions or SMOG testing

What’s included in the kit:

• 1 SLR Motorsports Performance Chip

• 1 Set of easy to read installation instructions

• 2 Quick connectors for a Plug and Play Connection

• Every SLR chip is Already Assembled and ready to plug in!

Our Price: $69.99

Standard Shipping $5.99

Expedited Shipping $15.98

Next Day Air Shipping $29.99

* The SLR chip that you see on this page is only recommended for use on the vehicle on this page. Every SLR chip is tuned specifically for the engines produced for the model of vehicle on this page. The SLR chip contains software to recognize the computer of your vehicle and then apply the correct tune for your exact engine size. This software uses the latest technology to recognize your ECU of your vehicle and it automatically applies the tuning software for your EXACT engine. Every SLR chip for each model of vehicle on this website contains different software for your exact vehicle and engine size. Every SLR chip comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. The SLR performance chip also comes with a lifetime warranty and unmatched technical support!

Robyn;

The power chip I got for my Camaro really worked nice. Big difference from stock to tuned. Of course I installed ARH Longtube headers and a CAI kit. Not sure what the chip on that year does, but this Preditor I got was $369 and will change everything inside the ecm if you want. Never thought I'd be using a hand held computer to tune any of my cars. To old school for me to completly understand. I just followed the promts

16.18 is not too bad...I was wondering what my girlfriends 2001 monte would run...although hers will be slower with her 3.4 motor.

I think I would pass on a chip like that...way too much performance advertised for it, seems unrealistic. They charge a fairly cheap price but not too cheap so people think they are actually buying something. Now if you were allowed to return it after trying it then I would say go for it and take it to the track to verify the results.

I did some research a while back for my girlfriends old 2001 Taurus and found many similiar products but the reviews that I found on them were that it was just a gimmick.

I just now went on Summits site and found only 3 programmers available for the monte and all were over $300 but they will change settings also and read trouble codes...they don't even give a true hp number increase as they don't want to mislead someone, they just say they will extract the "max energy/power" from your car.

I cross referenced the part number to E-Bay thinking it might be cheaper there but it was the same price. I recently bought a new "HYPERTECH Max Energy Programmer" off of E-Bay for my truck that was like $90 cheaper there than anywhere else and I had it in 3 days with no shipping cost... smile

First let me start by sayng I don't know anything, but my 2cents anyway: With those performance chips I would expect the biggest changes to be in the spark timing and ignition curve. There is probably only very minor changes to the fuel delivery end of it. Anyone here who has taken their stock Monte and advanced the timing and recurved their distributor will agree that the changes are noticable in the seat of your pants.

If the chip will do that for your computer-controlled car, I'd say it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...