4 SPD Conversion

Monte7071

The guy that bought my old Monte is going to convert it over to a 4SPD. We were wondering what he will need there is a kit on Ebay that has the pedals z bar zbar bracket and some other parts. I thought I read before where the z bar bracket is different for a Monte. He is getting a M20 or M21 if this helps any pics or info would be great.

Yes, the Z-bar bracket is different from any other A-Body, you will need a Monte specific kit, which is also available (I thin The Parts Place has it)

Yes, the Z-bar bracket is different from any other A-Body, you will need a Monte specific kit, which is also available (I thin The Parts Place has it)

I used everything from a 69 SS Chevelle,no real mods to speak of.

Originally Posted By: Andreas

I used everything from a 69 SS Chevelle,no real mods to speak of.

So your Z-bar is sitting nice and level? I tried the Chevelle Z-bar bracket and no way it would fit correctly...

The bracket for the Monte is taller. You can use the Chevelle one and then add about 2" of material onto it at the slot location so that the "Z" bar will sit level. The bolt holes in the frame align with the holes in the bracket for the Chevelle.

Tom

The bracket for the Monte is taller. You can use the Chevelle one and then add about 2" of material onto it at the slot location so that the "Z" bar will sit level. The bolt holes in the frame align with the holes in the bracket for the Chevelle.

Tom

YES!!!!!